What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL is a national-level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to shortlist candidates for Group-B and -C posts in various ministries/departments/organisations of the Government of India. Every year, about 30 lakh candidates fill the SSC CGL application form and about 15 lakh aspirants appear for the exam. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the exam in four stages called tiers. The first two tiers of the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam are conducted in online mode. The next two tiers of the exam are held in offline mode.
- August 19: SSC NR issued the option form and document verification notice for CGL 2019 Exam
- August 13: SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier-I Exam Analysis by students.
- August 12: SSC CGL Tier-I 2020-21 exam will be conducted from August 13 to 24. Read here last-minute tips for SSC CHSL 2021 Tier-I exam
- August 12: SSC is starting the biometric registration of the candidates at the exam centre with the SSC CGL 2020-21 exam again.
- August 10: SSC CGL Admit Cards 2021 have been released by all the regional websites. Get here details about the direct link to download SSC CGL Admit Card
- August 9: SSC CGL 2020-21 Admit Card and dates were released by the Southern Region. Check here steps to download SSC CGL 2021 Admit Card
- August 8: SSC CGL 2020-21 Admit Card was released by the Eastern Region. See here details and direct link to download SSC CGL Admit Card 2020-21
- August 4: SSC CGL 2020-21 Admit Card and application status link was activated by most of the regional websites. Get here links to download SSC CGL Admit Card
SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) 2020|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Online & offline|
|Exam Duration||Tier-I: 60 minutes Tier-II: 120 minutes for each paper Tier-III: 60 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for Group B and C posts in ministries/departments/organisations of the Government of India|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-69999845|
SSC CGL 2021 Eligibility
SSC CGL 2021 Eligibility Criteria vary as per the post applied by the candidate. However, given below SSC CGL 2021 Exam Dates
SSC CGL notification was released on December 21. The SSC CGL 2021 exam for tier-I was scheduled to be conducted from May 29 to June 7, 2021. But it was postponed because of the surge in COVID-19 infections across the nation. Check SSC CGL 2020-21 exam dates below:
|SSC CGL Exam Events||SSC CGL Exam Dates||Salient Features|
|Notification||SSC CGL 2020-21 recruitment notification was released on December 29.|
|Application forms||SSC CGL application process 2020-21 commenced on December 29 and ended on January 31.|
|Last date for online fee payment||02-Feb-2021||The last date to pay the SSC CGL fee online was February 2|
|Last date for generation of offline challan||04-Feb-2021||The last date to generate the bank challan for offline fee payment was February 4.|
|Last date for offline fee payment||06-Feb-2021||The last date to pay the SSC CGL application fee in offline mode was February 6, 2021.|
|SSC CGL Tier-I exam 2021||SSC CGL tier-I 2021 new dates were announced on July 2.|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Result||November 2021(Tentative)||The SSC CGL Tier-I result will be released online only.|
The basic criteria that candidates need to fulfil in order to meet SSC CGL eligibility:
- Nationality/citizenship: A candidate must be either a citizen of India, a person of Indian origin, a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee
- Age limit: A candidate should be between 18 and 32 years
- Educational qualification: A candidate should complete a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or institute.